Green World Day Hike
Offered from mid-June through the end of September, by reservation only.
Join a Naturalist guide on an exploration of the Ashcroft ghost town and the stunning Castle Creek Valley, finishing with a prix fixe lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Offered daily by reservation (June – September, dependent on Pine Creek Cookhouse opening and closing dates). Note: The Pine Creek Cookhouse is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including lunch)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town parking lot in the late morning; departure time dependent on lunch reservation
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at a leisurely pace
- Tour is $60 per person, lunch cost is not included
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled)
- Reservations required, please fill out simple form. If you have questions, please call 970.925.5756
- A nonrefundable 20% reservation fee is due upon booking
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).
Daily by reservation