ACES Educator-in-Training Volunteer
Are you a high school student interested in the field of environmental education? Would you like to develop your outdoor leadership skills? Paired with an ACES educator, E-I-T volunteers assist with daily management of program responsibilities and activities, including hiking, arts and crafts, science investigations and more. Each week will offer a different experience. ACES E-I-T volunteers receive official acknowledgement of their volunteer hours at the end of their service.
- Be in high school or college and at least 14 years of age (entering 9th grade) as of June 1, 2022
- Volunteer for at least one full week, Monday-Friday, 9am - 4pm (multiple weeks available)
- Wear a clean mask every day
- Bring a backpack that they can carry themselves filled with their own snacks, lunch, filled reusable water bottle, mobile phone, sunscreen, hat, rain jacket, and warm layer
- Wear appropriate clothing and sturdy, closed-toed shoes - no open-toed sandals!
- Assist ACES Educators with daily management of class with a positive, friendly attitude
- Be reliable, comfortable with being outside for up to 6 hours a day, and a confident hiker
- Have read and understand general program policies and procedures before their scheduled week to volunteer
Email Phebe Meyers, ACES Community Programs Senior Manager at [email protected] with questions.
Topics:Art, Wildlife, Science, Hiking and Food
Weekly, June 13-August 12, 2022